Viking Construction, Inc. has been recognized by Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) as a 2022 Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC). AQC members proudly set the construction industry standard as highly performing, ethical contractors and members of their communities. AQC status is determined by a stringent and thorough set of criteria that demonstrate commitment to five key areas of corporate responsibility: quality, safety, talent management, craft and management education, and community relations.
Annual recertification is required to ensure all participants uphold and maintain the rigorous set of AQC standards, including:
- Quality-based industry honors and third-party recognition;
- Maintenance of an effective company quality control program;
- Financial stability and adequate bond status;
- A strict safety environment, including
- Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR) at or below the industry average,
- a robust safety training program in adherence with the company’s corporate safety
- consistent performance of pre-work job hazard analyses, and
- participation in ABC’s STEP safety management system;
- Continued craft and management education; and
- Highly competitive employee benefits and programs, civic involvement, and policies that foster nondiscrimination and a substance-free workplace.
“The values outlined in the AQC program have always been in line with our values at Viking, so this continued recognition is extremely meaningful to us,” said Anthony Gaglio, Sr., president of Viking. “Of course, this designation is truly a reflection of the entire Viking team which is dedicated to delivering outstanding work for every client, creating a welcoming and productive workplace, and making our world a better place.”